The latest round of Premier League matches produced some entertaining matchups with Man City and Newcastle playing out a 7goal thriller where City came out tops winning 4-3.
Leeds United scored 4 goals past Burnely to beat them at Turf More with the Clarets failing to even score a goal. In other news, there were victories for Spurs, Liverpool, and Crystal Palace wrapping up an entertaining week.
In the meantime, we have we’ve got enough time to quickly reflect on some of the most eye-catching stats from the weekend’s action via OPTA stats.
• 9 – Leeds haven’t kept a clean sheet in any of their last nine Premier League away games, while their last clean sheet at Turf Moor was back in February 2005.
• 7 – All seven of James Ward-Prowse’s Premier League assists this season have come from set-piece situations, with the Southampton captain providing more such assists than any other player in the competition this term.
• 18 – Fabio Carvalho is the second youngest player to score in the Premier League this season (18y 258d), after Fábio Silva (18y 155d).
• 50 – Danny Welbeck, who has scored his 50th Premier League goal, has bagged his sixth goal of the 2020-21 campaign – his best tally in a top-flight season since 2013-14 (9).
• 25 – Brighton have dropped more points from winning positions in the Premier League this season than any other side (25).
• 28 – West Ham have picked up 28 points on the road in the Premier League this campaign; their joint-best away points haul in a single campaign in the competition (also 2015-16).
• 31 – Christian Benteke has scored his 31st headed goal in the Premier League, going level with Tim Cahill for such goals. Benteke now ranks joint-ninth all-time for headed goals in the competition.
• 7 – Anwar El Ghazi has scored seven goals in 14 away appearances in the Premier League this season, his joint-most on the road in a single league campaign along with his seven for Ajax in 2015-16.
• 21 – Tyrick Mitchell (21 years 257 days) is the youngest Crystal Palace player to score in the Premier League since Clinton Morrison (18 years 361 days) vs Sheffield Wednesday in May 1998.
• 19 – Aston Villa have dropped 19 points from winning positions in 2021, the joint-most of any side in England’s top four tiers along with Walsall and Wigan Athletic. They hadn’t dropped a single point from a winning position this season before the turn of the year.
• 35 – Harry Kane has been directly involved in more Premier League goals than any other player this season (22 goals, 13 assists), with only Robert Lewandowski and Lionel Messi having a hand in more across the top five European leagues.
• 1 – Pierre-Emile Højbjerg has scored and assisted in a Premier League game for the first time in his career, on what is his 145th appearance in the competition.
• 3 – Tottenham have won each of their first three home league matches under Ryan Mason; the first Spurs boss to do so since Harry Redknapp in November 2008.
• 24 – Tottenham had 24 shots in this match, while 13 of which were on target – both figures exceed any amount they had in a single Premier League match under the previous manager José Mourinho.