Premier League Game Week 19 Round-Up
The headline fixture of the latest round of Premier League matches predictably left us all a little underwhelmed as Liverpool vs Manchester United continued its modern history of producing little incident, whilst Manchester City underlined their title credentials with yet another victory and a clean sheet.
Elsewhere Leicester climbed to third after beating Southampton, whilst West Brom got their first win under Sam Allardyce after edging struggling Wolves in a thrilling Black Country derby at Molineux.
It’s that time of the week again where we bring you some interesting stats from the weekend’s action with the help of Opta data.
• 9 – Wolves have conceded the first goal in each of their last nine Premier League matches – their longest ever run of conceding the opening goal in games in the competition.
• 2 – Matheus Pereira is the first player to score two penalties in a Premier League match for a newly promoted club since Chris Brunt also did so for West Brom against Liverpool in April 2011.
• 40 – Michail Antonio has become the fourth player to reach 40 Premier League goals for West Ham United, after Paolo Di Canio (47), Mark Noble (46) and Carlton Cole (41).
• 4 – Neal Maupay has scored more league goals against Leeds United (four in five apps) than any other opponent in his career in English football.
• 3 – Leeds United have lost their first three matches in a calendar year for the first time since 2014 under Brian McDermott, when they lost their first four in all competitions.
• 11 – Mason Mount’s opener was the 11th goal Chelsea have scored in the final 15 minutes of Premier League matches this season; no side has netted more in this time period in the competition in 2020-21 (level with Leicester City).
• 5 – Chelsea have kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their away games in the Premier League under Frank Lampard (5/29); among those to have taken charge of 10+ away games in the competition, this is the lowest percentage of any Chelsea manager.
• 20 – Harry Kane has become the 18th different player to score 20 Premier League goals from outside the box, with this goal equalling the number of goals from outside the box both Cristiano Ronaldo and Gianfranco Zola scored in the Premier League.
• 4 – Marcus Rashford was called offside four times in the opening 45 minutes, his most offsides in a Premier League match, and the joint-most of any player in a full game this season (Son, four vs Southampton).
• 16 – Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 16 away matches in the Premier League (W12 D4) – only once have they gone longer without a defeat on the road in the competition (17 games ending in September 1999).
• 100 – Kevin De Bruyne has now assisted 100 goals in all competitions for Manchester City, 31 more than any other Premier League player since making his debut for the club.
• 8 – Newcastle have made eight changes to their starting XI for a Premier League game for the first time, whilst the Magpies have become the first side to make 8+ changes to their starting line up in the competition since Man City against Burnley in June 2020 (8).
• 4 – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has either scored (4) or assisted (2) in six of his seven games against Newcastle in all competitions, finding the net in each of his last four against the Magpies.
• 4 – After 11 matches in all competitions without a goal, Matheus Pereira has now scored in each of his last three appearances (4 goals), whilst also having a direct hand in four of his side’s last five Premier League goals (3 goals, 1 assist).
• 32 – West Ham have picked up 32 points from their 19 league games this season (W9 D5 L5), the Hammers’ highest ever points tally at the halfway point of a Premier League season.