Boxing Day brought yet more fascinating Premier League action as top four hopefuls Leicester and Manchester United played out an entertaining draw at the King Power Stadium, whilst Arsenal returned to winning ways at long last after beating Chelsea.
Elsewhere Manchester City and Everton closed the gap on league leaders Liverpool, who were held to a 1-1 draw by struggling West Brom on Sunday following some signature Sam Allardyce shithousery at Anfield.
For now, we’ve got enough time to quickly reflect on some of the mouth-watering stats from the weekend’s action via OPTA stats.
• 9 – Spurs have dropped nine points in 2020/21 with goals conceded in the last 10 minutes of matches, the most of any side in the Premier League.
• 11 – Only Chelsea (12) have scored more Premier League goals in the first minute of a match than Tottenham (11).
• 6 – Liverpool have failed to win six of their 15 Premier League games this season (W9 D5 L1), as many as they did in the entirety of last season in the league (W32 D3 L3).
• 4 – West Brom manager Sam Allardyce is unbeaten in each of his last four Premier League games at Anfield (W1 D3), each coming while in charge at a different club (Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Everton and West Brom).
• 41 – Liverpool are unbeaten in their 41 games at Anfield in all competitions when Sadio Mané has scored, while they’ve won 40 of those games (D1).
• 4 – Since his Premier League debut in February, no player has scored more headed goals in the competition than West Ham’s Tomas Soucek (4, level with Dominic Calvert-Lewin and Harry Kane).
• 15 – Only Glenn Murray (26) has scored more Premier League goals for Brighton than Neal Maupay (15), who ended a run of 649 minutes without a goal in the competition with his opener.
• 10 – Only three players have scored more goals than Patrick Bamford (10) after 15 games of a Premier League season for a newly-promoted side – Alan Shearer in 1992-93 (12), Andy Cole in 1993-94 (15) and Kevin Phillips in 1999-00 (13).
• 15 – In Premier League history, only QPR in 2012-13 (16 matches) have endured a long wait for a victory from the beginning of a season than Sheffield United this campaign (15, D2 L13).
• 13 – Manchester City have kept their 13th clean sheet of the campaign, more than any other team within the top five European leagues this season.
• 2 – Jorginho is the first Chelsea player to miss two Premier League penalties in a single season since Frank Lampard in 2013-14.
• 10 – Arsenal have now won each of their last 10 home Premier League matches on Boxing Day, the second-best run in the competition’s history after Manchester United won 12 in a row between 1997 and 2016.
• 4 – Tyrone Mings’ red card is the fourth Aston Villa have been shown in the Premier League on Boxing Day, the most of any side (also Andy Townsend in 1994, Michael Oakes in 1998 and Zat Knight in 2007).
• 5 – Edinson Cavani has been directly involved in five Premier League goals as a substitute this season (three goals and two assists), two more than any other player.
• 22 – Manchester United have lost just one of their last 22 Premier League meetings with Leicester (W17 D4) and are unbeaten in their last 11 since a 3-5 away loss in September 2014 (W8 D3).