Premier League Game Week 13 Round-Up
The festive football season continued with a full midweek round of Premier League fixtures, including a top-of-the-table clash as Liverpool beat Tottenham to replace the north London side as league leaders.
Manchester United continued their weird record of falling behind in away fixtures before coming back to secure three points, though there was less success for Manchester City who faltered at home to draw with struggling West Brom.
Elsewhere, Everton recorded an impressive victory at Leicester, Leeds thrashed Newcastle and Wolves left it late to grab a shocking victory against Chelsea at Molineux.
Once more, we bring you some of the most interesting stats from the weekend’s actions.
• 42 – Marcus Rashford has scored 42 goals under Ole Gunnar Solskjær in all competitions – the most by any Manchester United player under a single manager since Sir Alex Ferguson retired in 2013
• 10 – Manchester United are the first side ever to score 2+ goals in 10 consecutive away games in the Premier League; indeed, they are the first club to do so in the English top-flight since Tottenham in October 1960.
• 27 – Aston Villa recorded 27 shots against Burnley, the most by any side without scoring in a single Premier League match since Crystal Palace fired in 31 v Cardiff in December 2018.
• 6 – Sheffield United have lost six of their last seven home league games, as many as in their previous 30 at Bramall Lane (W20 D4 L6) – the Blades haven’t lost four in a row at home since April 1965.
• 0-0 – Fulham have drawn a home league match goalless for the first time since August 2011 against Aston Villa, ending a run of 196 consecutive home league games with at least one goal scored.
• 3 – Christian Benteke is the third Crystal Palace player to score and be sent off in the same Premier League match after Wilfried Zaha v Southampton in January 2019 and Glenn Murray v West Ham in February 2015.
• 7 – West Ham’s Sébastien Haller scored his seventh goal of the season in all competitions, three more than any teammate.
• 6 – Mohamed Salah has been directly involved in six goals in his last seven Premier League meetings with Tottenham (five goals, one assist).
• 3 – Roberto Firmino’s header was only the third 90th minute winning goal v Jose Mourinho in the Premier League, after Mark Viduka for Middlesbrough in August 2006 and Oussama Assaidi in December 2013 for Stoke City.
• 35 – Pablo Hernández is the oldest player (35y 249d) to assist twice in a Premier League game for Leeds since Gordon Strachan in November 1993 vs Swindon, who was 36 years old.
• 34 – Patrick Bamford has scored 34 league goals under Bielsa, 13 more than any other Leeds player.
• 7 – Since Mikel Arteta’s first Premier League game in charge (Boxing Day 2019), Arsenal have been shown seven red cards, four more than any other PL side in this period.
• 4 – Richarlison has scored four Premier League goals against Leicester, versus no other side has he scored more. It was also just the second goal outside the box for the Brazilian.
• 38 – Only Robin van Persie (46) and Olivier Giroud (40) have scored more Premier League goals at the Emirates than Theo Walcott (38).
• 94:39 – Pedro Neto’s strike at 94:39 was the latest winning goal scored in a Premier League game against Chelsea since we have exact goal times in the competition (since 2006-07).