Premier League Game Week 18 Round-Up
The Premier League mid-week action returned with just six fixtures as a couple of matches were rescheduled due to Covid-19 outbreak in some clubs and involvement in FA Cup matches.
Manchester United moved to the top of the division with a hard-fought win over Burnley. Manchester City also continued in their recent form with a victory against Brighton while Arsenal played out a goalless draw with Crystal Palace.
Once more, we bring you some of the most interesting stats from the mid-week actions.
• 2 – In their 2-0 victory against Sheffield United last time out, Crystal Palace kept their first clean sheet of the season since their opening day win over Southampton, last recording back-to-back Premier League shutouts between February-June 2020 (4).
• 25 – Harry Kane’s goal was his 25th headed goal in the Premier League – he’s just the third player to have scored 25 left footed goals, 25 right footed goals and 25 headed goals in the competition’s history, after Robbie Fowler and Andy Cole.
• 3 – Raheem Sterling is the first player to miss three consecutive Premier League penalties since Saido Berahino did so between April 2016-September 2017.
• 8 & 14 – Phil Foden is now Manchester City’s highest goalscorer in all competitions this season (8), while no Premier League player has more assists in all comps than Kevin De Bruyne (14).
• 6 – Brighton have lost all six of their Premier League meetings with Manchester City by an aggregate score of 2-20; the Seagulls are also on the longest current win without a win in the competition (8 games).
• 1 – This is the first time Manchester United have ended the day top of the Premier League table, having played as many as 17 games, since the final day of their title-winning campaign in 2012-13 under Sir Alex Ferguson.
• 11 – Manchester United forward Marcus Rashford has been directly involved in 11 goals in his last 14 Premier League appearances (6 goals, 5 assists).
• 7 – Manchester United are the only side still unbeaten away from home in the Premier League this season, winning six of their seven games so far (D1).
• 7 – Everton have won seven of their last 10 away Premier League games (D1 L2), as many victories as they enjoyed in their previous 28 on the road (D5 L16).
• 9 – Everton have scored more headed goals than any other team in the Premier League this season, with only Dominic Calvert-Lewin (4) netting more of their nine than Michael Keane (2).
• 5 – Just five of Ruben Neves’ 17 goals in all competitions for Wolves have been scored from inside the box, while this was the first he’s netted from inside the box that wasn’t a penalty.
• 16 – Lucas Digne has now made 16 assists in the Premier League for Everton; since the start of the 2018-19 season, the only defenders with more are Liverpool pair Andy Robertson (28) and Trent Alexander-Arnold (27).
• 1 – Newcastle have lost a Premier League away game against the team starting the day bottom of the table for the first time since October 2015, versus Sunderland (3-0).
• 18 – Sheffield United have picked up their first win of the Premier League season, in what was their 18th game – in top-flight history, only Bolton in 1902-03 (22) played more games of a season before earning their first victory.
• 100 – Billy Sharp has now scored 100 league goals for Sheffield United, with 54 of those coming at Bramall Lane.