Premier League Game Week 11 Round-Up
The biggest names in the Premier League’s produced star performances during the latest round of fascinating fixtures, the headline result seeing league leaders Tottenham inflict more misery on Arsenal in the North London derby.
Liverpool and Chelsea remain in pursuit of the table toppers after impressive wins against Wolves and Leeds respectively this weekend, whilst Jamie Vardy proved the scourge of Sheffield United once more and there were wins for both Manchester sides against Fulham and West Ham respectively.
In the meantime, we have we’ve got enough time to quickly reflect on some of the most eye-catching stats from the weekend’s action via OPTA
• 10 – There have been 10 penalties taken in Brighton’s Premier League games this season (5 for, 5 ag), the most in the competition.
• 4 – Danny Ings is the first Southampton player to score in four consecutive away Premier League appearances since Rickie Lambert in January 2013.
• 3 – Only Kurt Zouma (4) has scored more Premier League goals amongst defenders this season than Jannik Vestergaard (3).
• 31 – Liverpool have won 31 of their last 32 home league games (D1), scoring 93 goals while conceding just 25 in this time.
• 6 – Since Liverpool’s first match after Virgil van Dijk’s injury against Everton (Ajax in October), the Reds have conceded just six goals in 11 games in all competitions, keeping six clean sheets in the process.
• 32 – Arsenal attempted 32 open play crosses in their 2-0 defeat to Spurs, their most in a single Premier League match since February 2016 vs Leicester (36), and most away from home since March 2011 vs WBA (also 32).
• 11 – Only Alan Shearer and Chris Sutton (13 in 1995/96) & Ryan Fraser and Callum Wilson (12 in 2018/19) have combined for more Premier League goals in a season than Harry Kane and Son Heung-min this season (11).
• 10 – Leicester City have caused Sheffield United’s 10th Premier League defeat in each of the last two campaigns, though today’s is just the Blades’ 11th game of the season, compared to the 36th match in 2019-20.
• 5 – Crystal Palace have scored five goals in an away match in the top-flight for the first time in their history, with today their 404th away match in the top-flight.
• 34 – At 34 years and 66 days, Olivier Giroud is also the oldest player to ever score in six consecutive Premier League starts.
• 8 – Bruno Fernandes created eight chances after coming on at half-time against West Ham, the most by a player in a single Premier League match with a maximum of 45 minutes played since Jason Koumas vs Sunderland in February 2008.
• 1 – For the first time in 416 games as a manager in the top five European leagues (Barcelona, Bayern Munich, and Manchester City), Pep Guardiola didn’t use a single substitute in a league game.
• 11 – Dominic Calvert-Lewin has scored more goals from inside the box than any other player in the top five European leagues this season.
• 200 – Sean Dyche took charge of his 200th Premier League game today, making him the 35th different manager to reach this milestone. Only four of the previous 15 English managers to reach the milestone have won their 200th match (Pardew, Hodgson, Bruce and Hoddle).
• 20 – Since the start of last season, Mason Greenwood has scored 20 goals in all competitions, twice as many as any other teenager playing for a Premier League side (Martinelli, 10).