The latest round of Premier League matches ended with Chelsea and Liverpool drawing their matches against Aston Villa and Newcastle respectively.
Manchester United snatched a home victory at the hands of Wolves with Marcus Rashford scoring the only goal of the game in the dying seconds of the match.
While Arsenal continued their improved form with a 1nil victory over Brighton at the Amex Stadium.
In the meantime, we’ve got enough time to quickly reflect on some of the most eye-catching stats from the weekend’s action via OPTA stats.
• 92:51 – Manchester United’s late goal through Marcus Rashford was their latest winning goal in a Premier League game at Old Trafford since September 2009, when Michael Owen scored after coming off the bench against Manchester City (95:27).
• 25 – Sheffield United’s Oliver Burke hasn’t ended on the winning side in any of his first 25 appearances in the Premier League – the longest winless start to a player’s career in the competition (overtaking Gareth Bale’s 24 apps).
• 16 – Sheffield United are winless in their 16 Premier League games this season – equalling Queens Park Rangers’ Premier League record of longest winless run from the start of a campaign (16 in 2012-13).
• 7 – Seven of Leeds’ 10 outfield players have either scored or assisted against West Brom (Alioski, Harrison, Bamford, Rodrigo, Klich, Raphinha and Dallas), while this is the second time they’ve had as many players do so in a game this season (also 7 v Newcastle).
• 4 – This is only the fourth time a team managed by Sam Allardyce has shipped four first-half goals in a Premier League game, and first since Everton v Arsenal in February 2018
• 5 – West Ham have won each of their last five Premier League games against Southampton – in top-flight history, they’ve only more consecutively against Coventry (9 between 1983-1987) and Aston Villa (6 between 1964-1967).
• 3 – Anwar El Ghazi is the first Aston Villa player to score in three successive Premier League appearances since Tom Cleverley in May 2015.
• 4 – Ben Chilwell has equaled his Premier League season-best tally of four assists, with the Chelsea defender having as many goal involvements in this campaign as 2019/20 (6 – 2 goals, 4 assists).
• 9 – Olivier Giroud has scored in each of his last seven Premier League appearances against Aston Villa, netting nine goals in total in this run. Against no side has the Frenchman scored more Premier League goals than he has vs the Villans (9).
• 8 – Leicester’s Harvey Barnes has scored eight goals in 21 games in all competitions this season – one more than he netted in 42 appearances for the Foxes last term.
• 8 – Wilfried Zaha has scored eight goals in 14 Premier League appearances this season, twice as many as he netted in 2019-20 (4 in 38 apps).
• 10 – Leicester City have been awarded their 10th penalty in their 16th game of the season, the earliest a team has been awarded as many penalties in a Premier League campaign, surpassing Blackburn’s 25 games in 1994-95.
• 1 – Crystal Palace have kept just one clean sheet in their last 23 Premier League games, conceding in each of their last 14 in the competition since beating Southampton 1-0 on opening day.
• 8 – Aston Villa have kept more clean sheets than any other Premier League side this season (8). The Villans are looking to record five consecutive top-flight shutouts for the first time since September 1998 under John Gregory.