The Premier League season saw plenty more twists and turns this weekend, with the division’s leaders changing three times over the course of yet another thrilling weekend.
Leicester leads the division heading into November’s international break, sitting a point clear of both Tottenham and Liverpool, the latter having shared the spoils with Manchester City in the crunch clash between the two title rivals at the Etihad.
Elsewhere Manchester United bounced back from their recent troubles to win at Everton, Chelsea’s fine form continued, while both Aston Villa and Crystal Palace secured eye-catching victories.
Once more, we bring you some of the most interesting stats from the weekend’s actions.
• 3 – Aston Villa are the third side in Premier League history to win each of their first three away games in a season without conceding a goal, after Chelsea in 2005-06 and Manchester City in 2015-16.
• 0 – This was the first time Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has played 90 minutes in a Premier League home game without attempting a shot – indeed, Aubameyang was one of only three outfield players who didn’t record an attempt for Arsenal in this game.
• 4 – Since a run of 35 consecutive Premier League wins when opening the scoring between February and July, Liverpool have failed to win four of their last seven games when scoring the opening goal (D3 L1).
• 1 – Kevin De Bruyne’s penalty is the first to miss the target completely in a Premier League game since October 2018, when in the same fixture at Anfield, Riyad Mahrez blazed over against Liverpool for Manchester City.
• 19 – Gabriel Jesus’ equalizer was the most number of passes (19) in the build-up to a Premier League goal against Liverpool since September 2017; a strike which was also a Jesus goal (assisted by De Bruyne) at the Etihad, which was also 19 passes.
• 18 – Leicester have won 18 points in their opening eight Premier League games (W6 L2), their best-ever start to a top-flight season and best start to a season since winning 19 points in 2008/09 in League One.
• 150 – Only Alan Shearer (212) and Sergio Agüero (217) scored their 150th Premier League goal in fewer appearances than Harry Kane in his 218th match in the competition.
• 1 – Tomas Soucek’s goal was West Ham’s first 90th-minute winner since Javier Hernandez scored in a 4-3 thriller against Huddersfield Town in March 2019.
• 6 & 2 – No player has created more chances in a Premier League game this season than Hakim Ziyech did against Sheffield United (6 chances created & 2 assists).
• 36 – Thiago Silva is the sixth oldest player to score for Chelsea in the Premier League (36y 46d), while only Glenn Hoddle (36y 150d) scored his first goal for the Blues at an older age than the Brazilian.
• 17 – Leeds United have conceded 17 goals in their first eight Premier League games this season, last shipping more at this stage of a top-flight campaign in 1946-47 (22).
• 3- Crystal Palace have scored three goals in the first half of a Premier League game for the fifth time and the first time since netting three against Bournemouth in May 2019.
• 10 – Everton (5th) are started a league match against Man Utd at least 10 places above the Red Devils (15th) for the first time since February 1987 (Everton 1st, Man Utd 12th), in a 0-0 draw at Old Trafford.
• 36 – Manchester United have won more Premier League games against Everton than any other side has won against another in the competition’s history.
• 3 – Che Adams has scored in three of Southampton’s eight league games this season (three goals), as many different Premier League matches has he found the net in 30 appearances last term (four goals).