Manchester City’s quest towards a third league title in four seasons continued with a 3-0 win over Tottenham this weekend, their position at the top strengthened further as Manchester United dropped points at struggling West Brom.
Liverpool imploded to lose for the third consecutive fixture at Leicester, whilst Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang returned to form in a thriller between Arsenal and Leeds.
It’s that time of the week again where we bring you some interesting stats from the weekend’s action with the help of Opta data.
• 1 – Chelsea have conceded just one goal in their five Premier League games under Thomas Tuchel – the joint-lowest number of goals conceded across a manager’s first five games in the competition (along with José Mourinho at Chelsea & Peter Taylor at Leicester).
• 100 – Olivier Giroud has become the 17th player to make 100 appearances in the Premier League as a substitute.
• 28 – Fulham have picked up their first-ever away win at Everton in league competition, on what was their 28th attempt. Coming into this evening’s game, they had lost each of their last 22 away league games against the Toffees.
• 23 – Leeds have both scored (40) and conceded (42) 40+ goals in just 23 Premier League games this season; only Tottenham in 2007-08 hit 40 goals for and against after fewer matches in the competition’s history (22 games).
• 200 – Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has scored his 200th goal in Europe’s top five leagues. Since the 2009-10 season when he debuted in Ligue 1 for Lille, he is the ninth player to reach 200 goals across the five divisions.
• 4 – Luke Shaw has four Premier League assists in February – two more than any other player.
• 6 – Southampton have lost six consecutive league matches for the first time in their history.
• 9 – Pedro Neto has been directly involved in nine Premier League goals this season (five goals & four assists), the most of any U21 player in the competition this campaign.
• 7 – Emiliano Martínez has kept seven away clean sheets in the Premier League this season – the only Aston Villa goalkeeper to register more away shutouts in a single campaign in the competition was Brad Friedel in 2009-10 (8).
• 8 – Tottenham have conceded a combined eight goals in their last two games (5 v Everton, 3 v Man City) – the most José Mourinho has conceded across a two-game period in all competitions in his managerial career.
• 11 – Ilkay Gündogan has scored 11 Premier League goals this season – the only German players to score more in a single campaign in the competition are Jürgen Klinsmann (20) and Uwe Rösler (15), both in the 1994-95 campaign.
• 2 – Jóhann Gudmundsson has scored in consecutive Premier League games for the first time. He had gone 21 games without a goal in the competition before this.
• 3 – Liverpool have lost three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since November 2014, when managed by current Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers.
• 300 – Jürgen Klopp is the ninth different manager to take charge of 300 games for Liverpool in all competitions; the last two do so have both won their 300th game in charge of the Reds (Gérard Houllier and Rafael Benítez).
• 100 – Kasper Schmeichel is set to play in his 100th consecutive Premier League game. This is the longest current such run of any player in the competition, whilst it will be the first time a player has appeared in 100 successive Premier League matches for Leicester.